Sunday, May 13, 2012

Nails Of The Day: Caviar nails

I'm back! I didn't really feel like writing the last few days, but now I feel guilty :( So I'll try to post more frequently, I promise!
Caviar nails by Ciaté
Caviar beads on my own nails

Today, I received a package from eBay with caviar beads :) Caviar beads are originally by Ciaté, I believe, but I bought 2 really cheap packages for like $3. I think they look awesome, but the first time I tried them on, everything fell off again within 5 minutes >_< So here are some tips:

  • Use a little bowl or something underneath your nails, otherwise you'll have a big mess afterwards
  • Do one nail at a time, to prevent the nail polish from drying
  • Use a matching nail polish, and put on a thick layer in order to let the beads stick better. If the layer is too thin, it will dry quickly and the beads will fall off again very easily
  • After you sprinkled the beads all over, pat them into the nail polish. I used a plastic spoon for this, as it didn't work out with my fingers. The beads kept on sticking to them
  • Don't put a top coat on your complete nail, this will ruin the effect of the beads and make it look funny. I only applied a little strip of top coat to the borders of my nails
What do you think of caviar nails? Are you going to try them?

First picture is from perfectionispossible.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment