Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Shopping prohibition

Hi :)

I wanted to let you know that from now on, I'm on a shopping prohibition. It's going to be really hard for me, but I want to try.
There's a few reasons I want to do this. Firstly, it is because I want to save money. The last year or so, I have spent more money on clothes and make-up than I wanted to. Whenever I see something cool, I get that feeling of 'I have to buy it now, otherwise it will be gone, and I won't find something similar ever again'. I know it is bullshit, but that's just how I feel when I'm shopping >_<

I also want to do this because I think it will make me conscious of all the clothes I already have, and make me appreciate them more. I hope it will make me more creative as well and make me come up with more outfits with everything I already have.

And lastly, and this is the most important reason, I want to do this as an extra reason to lose weight. You do not know this yet, but I am overweight. I haven't told you because I don't want this blog to become like an 'overweight fashion blog', even though I have respect for those bloggers and I love visiting them. I want this blog to be about other things as well, without the label 'overweight'. I never really wear the clothes that I like. I keep on buying clothes that either fit me, but I don't feel comfortable in so I never wear them, or clothes that I don't even fit in, with the excuse of 'but I'm going to lose weight, so I will be able to wear it then'. Meanwhile, those clothes have been in my closet for at least a year. I hope that this shopping prohibition will make me want to lose weight even more.

I'm a bit nervous (I'm a bit of a shopaholic), but I have found out that whenever I see nice clothes or jewelry, instead of buying it, I can put it in my stylebook, and it really helps me.

Have you ever been on a shopping prohibition? What was it like?

Wish me luck n_n

Picture is from albushotel.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment